Would SLI speed-up Xinerama?

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Fri Sep 11 12:23:44 PDT 2009

On Friday 11 September 2009 11:29:17 am Jay Cotton wrote:
> Not likely to help much.  Try twinview.

TwinView only works with two monitors and only with a single video card.  The
OP is using three monitors and two video cards so TwinView is not an option.

I have a dual monitor single card nvidia setup that I currently use with
xinerama since TwinView does not support per-monitor LUTs (IE. TwinView is not
suitable for color critical work) and I have not noticed any performance
issues with xinerama vs. TwinView.  What is missing with xinerama is the
ability to dynamically resize the displays.