twitching image

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at united-consult.hu
Sat Sep 12 20:58:56 PDT 2009

Csillag Kristof wrote:
> This is pure speculation (and I don't have an oscilloscope
> to check it ouy), but could it be that the NVIDIA operates
> with somewhat higher signal voltages (or sharper signals),
> which get through the poor-quality cabling, where the weeker
> signals from the radeon get sometimes mingled?
>
> Is there any way I can influence the lowest level
> of the signal transmission done by the card?
> (Signal voltage, timings, etc.)

Now I have tried it with an other ATI card
(original one was an integrated RS690 chipset,
new one is a FireMV 2400 PCI card),
and neither the twitching image, nor the random
pixels problem occurs.

(Same monitor, same driver, same DVI connection,
same cable, same modeline; the only difference
is the actual graphics hardware.)

So it seems that even between ATI cards,
there is some variation of these parameters.

    Kristof

ps. Now if only I could fire up the 3rd and 4th head
on the FireMV 2400...