dead space elimination

Jozef Riha jose1711 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 06:02:57 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Vincent Legoll
<vincent.legoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Jozef Riha <jose1711 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Vincent,
>>
>> you might want to check-out this: http://eeg.cz/=forro=/dead_space.tar.gz
>>
>> Still having this implemented directly in the Xorg would be better imho.
>
> Thanks for the pointer, is this a C version of your shell code from earlier in
> the thread ?

yes, and compiled it's much more efficient than the shellscript counterpart.

> I'm curious, did you see a significant difference in CPU usage between the
> 2 versions when using similar polling intervals ?

if you're asking about the bash version then the answer is yes, the
difference was significant. as for the C version - didn't check it as
i'm really not familiar with C.

> But I would prefer to have the functionality directly in the server, it would
> probably be more efficient.

/me votes for it. i still consider the script/C code a workaround.

joe