detect the screensaver [SOLVED] sort of

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 04:58:56 PDT 2009

Hi,

After much wasted time looking at "_SCREENSAVER_STATUS" and talks of
using dbus, gconf and what not, I found this snippet of python code
which calls XScreenSaverQueryInfo.
http://thpinfo.com/2007/09/x11-idle-time-and-focused-window-in.html
This gives me the idle time, but the state is *always* 3 (rather than
on/off/disabled)
Is there another extension which can be used to figure out if the screen
is locked?

Thanks
Antoine