MPX: Is there somewhere a wiki listing activities?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Sep 23 15:15:27 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:05:31PM +0200, Marc Weber wrote:
> I tried MPX yesterday (xorg master sources). Everything seems to run
> fine except the popup trouble.
>
> mpwm does no longer compile due to change.
>
>   Manager.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/Manager.Tpo -c -o Manager.o Manager.cpp
>   Manager.cpp: In member function 'void Manager::handleHierarchyEvent(XIHierarchyEvent*)':
>   Manager.cpp:752: error: 'XIFreeEventData' was not declared in this scope
>   make[2]: *** [Manager.o] Error 1
>
> Probably this is easy to fix. It will take me some time because I'm not
> that fimiliar with xorg at all yet.

mpwm is dead. I resurrect it from time to time for testing but that's about
it. The above error should be fixable by using XFreeEventData instead
though.

> Now I wonder whether there is a wiki or such describing who is working
> on which features / applications to make them work smoothly with mpx
> features representing a global state of this all?

I don't think there's a plan as such. I know there's people working on GTK,
there was a compiz change floating around a while ago (not sure if that's
up-to-date) and there's various people using it for their app.

the XI2 wiki page is now http://wiki.x.org/wiki/XI2 but I intend to use it
more for tracking missing features.

> How is clipboard handled exactly? It would be nice if every core pointer
> had its own clipoard which could be copied synced with a global
> keyboard.

strictly speaking, clipboards are handled in the client (though with the use
of the ICCCM specs). the server doesn't really have a say there.

Cheers,
  Peter