GMA 4500MHD

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 24 06:10:16 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Stan Goodman
<stan.goodman at hashkedim.com> wrote:
> At 01:30:27 on Thursday Thursday 24 September 2009, Miguel Angel
> <mitotero at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is, the intel driver has support to it:
>> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html
>
> I see there only GMA950.

The 'GMA 4500MHD' graphics core is part of the 'GM45' chipset, and is listed at
«GM45, 	Mobile Intel® GM45/GS45/GL40 Express Chipset» at the link above.

Have a look at the full table at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

The general rule of thumb is that all Intel graphics drivers are
currently supported apart from GMA 500.
You might have some issues with Ubuntu 9.04 due to transition
packages, with workarounds listed at
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/904#Performance%20regressions%20on%20Intel%20graphics%20cards

Simos