XbkGetControls() fails...

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Sep 29 08:54:33 PDT 2009

On Sep 24, 09 15:37:58 +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 03:16:38PM +0200, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> > With the current Xserver XbkGetControls() fails with XkbBadKeyboard.
> Tricky. xkb.device_spec is 0, which used to be the core keyboard (up to
> 1.5). Now 0 is a reserved ID. If you add

That explains everything.

>        xkb.device_spec = XkbUseCoreKbd;
> before the call it picks the right keyboard. Strictly speaking, the code
> sample was never valid, it just happened to work.
>
> Is this one of your test programs or a client that actually failed?

Just a test program for printing out accessibility settings (I couldn't
find *anything* in the X suite, so I coded up my own, because something
in modern desktops always turned XkbAccessXKeysMask on, even though we
wanted to have it off by default).

Given that I had no clue of the whole subsystem it's fascinating I ever
got it to work :-)

Thanks a lot

Matthias

--