Changing 945G GPU IRQ assignment

Jacques, Hugo Hugo.Jacques at verint.com
Wed Sep 30 08:55:26 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have an Intel 945G-based system on which I installed a custom board (qhal_host below) into the PCIe x16 slot.

I am running Linux 2.6.29.6, Xorg 1.6.0 and xf86-video-intel 2.7.0.

Is there a way to have the Integrated Graphics Controller (i915 at pci:0000:00:02.0 below) being assigned to an IRQ different than 16?

I am asking this because I want to debug an interrupt issue. At some point I get ~100000 interrupts a second on IRQ16 despite neither the qhal_host or the Intel GPU devices report the interrupt is theirs (through respective IIR registers).

Anybody heard of 945G issues when both the GPU and a card in the PCIe x16 slot are generating interrupts as the same time?

Thanks in advance.

cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:         71          0   IO-APIC-edge      timer
  1:          2          0   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
  2:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        cascade
  4:         10          0   IO-APIC-edge
  9:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        acpi
 14:       7882          0   IO-APIC-edge      ide0
 16:       8586          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   qhal_host,i915 at pci:0000:00:02.0
 28:       5872          0   PCI-MSI-edge      eth0
 30:          0          0   PCI-MSI-edge      ahci
NMI:          0          0   Non-maskable interrupts
LOC:    2170197    2053944   Local timer interrupts
RES:        754        957   Rescheduling interrupts
CAL:         35         22   Function call interrupts
TLB:        409        421   TLB shootdowns
TRM:          0          0   Thermal event interrupts
SPU:          0          0   Spurious interrupts
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

Hugo Jacques, ing.
Video Tech Leader
Video Intelligence Solutions
Verint Systems Inc.

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.