a bug of kdrive

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Fri Apr 2 04:16:14 PDT 2010

Twas brillig at 19:13:14 02.04.2010 UTC+08 when largepuma at gmail.com did
gyre and gimble:

 xl> In xorg-server-1.7.1/hw/kdrive/src/kinput.c, on line of 895: "
 xl> ki->maxScanCode = 0; ".  Both the minScanCode and the maxScanCode
 xl> are set to be zero. So on line of 1880, the program will give a
 xl> error message "driver %d wanted to post scancode %d outside of [0,
 xl> 0]!".

Those values are overriden in specific input drivers. E.g. the following
fix has been recently applied to evdev.c:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=e086b99c1f5ce351b578de7cd9f616bc79d6cf64

 xl> It is my first send e-mail to this mail-list. I wish have a reply.

You've got it :)

--
  http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/