Radeon HD4870, radeon Driver

E0x samudhio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 08:23:19 PDT 2010

hello list
i am having problem with my radeon when i am trying to  use a dual head
setup ( xrandr ) first of all
when i start with the two monitor connected the main monitor ( pc lcd
monitor ) ( the second is a HDTV of 32") is get black and the second say not
signal
i need disconnect the second monitor , start X and then connect back the
second monitor and use xrandr to turn it on using
xrandr  --output  DVI-1 --auto --right-of DVI-0 that work but gnome think
that the main monitor is the second monitor with radeonhd driver  i have the
option RROutputOrder
to solve this but i dont have that option in radeon ( i read about xrandr
option --primary  but dont work ). all this is my first problema and the
original problem have with radeon
for sort that things out i stop using radeon driver and start use radeonhd
but other problems but a least let me used my hdtv with mplayer ( i can't
used xbmc or gl app because some corruption in the image of what i think was
GL problems of that driver ).

now i buy a new pc monitor ( 23" , 1920x1080 ) and go back to used radeon
driver and try to solve or find a workaround to the problems i have but know
when i try to do
xrandr  --output  DVI-1 --auto --right-of DVI-0 my main monitor lost the
status of main ( i mean the gnome panel get lost and just show the desktop )
but the hdtv is not getting on.

if have any idea about this or some documentation that can or need read
please help me with that.

thanks