Fw: Re: Update:Xorg build and performance.

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 00:20:28 PDT 2010

On 04/25/2010 11:30 PM, Super Biscuit wrote:
> Please read all of this.

cool.. looking at the log files
(not sure if you fixed this or not),but this:

(II) Loading extension DRI2
(II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module fbdev
(II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
(EE) Failed to load module "fbdev" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) No drivers available.
Fatal server error:
no screens found

if you look in:
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/* (or wherever your os is putting them)
there should be a library
that is called fbdev.. if not you need to install
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-fbdev/

hope this helps.

Justin P. Mattock