xorg and int10: problem

Francisco P Kaseker fpk07 at c3sl.ufpr.br
Mon Aug 16 12:33:07 PDT 2010

Hello =]

My system:
pci-e card: via, driver openchrome
pci: sis, driver sis, 315pro
system: ubuntu 10.04 updated, X.Org X Server 1.7.6, Release Date: 2010-03-17

Problem:
I need to initializate my VGA cards with INT10 disabled and after that I
need do enable INT10 for them.

Old solution:
Previously I could to use "-probleonly" option to open X with INT10 "NO" and
after that X -config xorg.conf etc
But nowadays X doesn't has this option.

Why I need this:
Because I need to open one xserver and many Xephyr to create multiterminals
with MDM (Multiseat Display Manager by C3SL).

Important:
I need to use INT10 NO before because sis 315pro has many problems (i know,
it's very old card and has very old drivers)

Question:
If I couldn't use -probleony option, witch alternative I have do solve this
problem?

Thank you!

Francisco