startx issue

Johannes Truschnigg johannes at truschnigg.info
Tue Aug 17 06:34:43 PDT 2010

Hi there Narayanaswamy,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:56:19 +0530
"narayanaswamy s" <narayanaswamy.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When i try to run startx in terminal i found error messges, please
> find attachment

... that actually made me laugh heartily.

Try to check whether /tmp on the machine you're trying to run Xorg on
has /tmp set up right (as an actual directory, writable to everyone,
with the sticky-bit set). If /tmp happens to be something else, you
should be able to (re)create it correctly by issuing

# rm -f /tmp || rmdir /tmp; mkdir /tmp; chmod 1777 /tmp

Hth!
--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes at truschnigg.info )

www: http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp: johannes at truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-eMail or attachments. Thank you.