Zapping the Xorg server

Patrick O'Donnell pao at ascent.com
Tue Aug 24 10:33:03 PDT 2010

>Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:08:55 +0200
>From: Wolfgang Draxinger <wdraxinger.maillist at draxit.de>

>CTRL, ALT and BACKSPACE however are present and behave the same on every
>keyboard (I know of, which are plenty).
>
>So, could we please bring back the static configuration for zapping
>the X server by builtin method. If someone still insists on
>enabling and using the SAK SysRq, he still can do so, that's not
>mutually exclusive.
>
>Frankly, I don't see any sane reason, why it was removed in the first
>place. Disabling it by default, okay I can live with that. But taking
>away the option alltogether: Not good.

I'm one of those who's work would be severely disrupted by a hardwired
CTRL-ALT-Backspace Zap.  CTRL-ALT-Backspace is hardwired in my fingers
from nearly 30 years of editing using Emacs and kin.

However, I must agree that taking away the /option/ of turning that on
for those who want it is double plus ungood.

		- Pat