Zapping the Xorg server

Wolfgang Draxinger wdraxinger.maillist at draxit.de
Wed Aug 25 10:13:39 PDT 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:19:05 +0200
Julien Cristau <jcristau at debian.org> wrote:

> This is not true.  The sequence was removed from the default xkb map,
> and can be turned back on with the appropriate xkb option, either in
> xorg.conf or your desktop or your session startup scripts.

Well, this is a Xkb option, and if I'm not entirely mistaken, can be
enabled as well as disabled by setxkbmap, whereas the "old" server zap
did work independently from that, no matter what was set later on.

> No related xorg.conf option has been removed.

I beg to differ: ServerFlags Option DontZap "off" is no longer
interpreted (on my system). I have to use XkbOption
"terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp" to make it work.

Wolfgang