Strange libXrender behaviour on Solaris10/SPARC

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Dec 1 14:55:00 PST 2010

Nicolai Stange wrote:
> Two questions:
> 1.) Are there any news for the Debian stable xorg-server 1.7x?
> If not, where can I track whether the fix has been applied?

I'd suggest checking the pointers on http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce
to their mailing lists and bug tracker.

> Can anyone tell me on which xorg-server
> version the Xnewt depends?

Currently available versions of Xnewt are built from the xorg-server 1.3.0
sources.   At least the version I'm running here exposes that as the vendor
version number in xdpyinfo:

vendor string:    Sun Microsystems, Inc.
vendor release number:    10300000

Of course, you shouldn't be surprised to see the vendor info change in
future releases.   For instance, Solaris 11 2010.11 Xorg now reports:

vendor string:    Oracle Corporation, based on X.Org Foundation sources
vendor release number:    10707000
X.Org version: 1.7.7

> The Xnewt sources themselves are not publically avaiable, I guess?

Correct, they are not public.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com