Problem with X&xbindkeys(xgrabkey). Buffer overflow?

ENRIQUE ARIZON BENITO enrique.arizonbenito at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 01:23:53 PST 2010

"Correcting" myself:
/var/log/Xorg.0.log doesn't show any error but somewhere during X startup
"something" send next output to stdout (that in my particular system was
redirected to a bloated log file):

1130 expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
1131 expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
1132 The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
1133 > Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
symbols
1134 >                   Ignoring extra symbols
1135 Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
1136 expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
1137 The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
1138 > Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
symbols
1139 >                   Ignoring extra symbols
1140 Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
1141 expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
1142 The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
1143 > Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
symbols
1144 >                   Ignoring extra symbols
1145 Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
1146 expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
1147 The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
1148 > Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
symbols
1149 >                   Ignoring extra symbols
1150 Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
1151 expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
1152 The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
1153 > Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
symbols
1154 >                   Ignoring extra symbols
1155 Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

Still I don't known if that really has anything to do with the infinte
random loop I observe.

Regards,

Enrique