override EDID with NVidia

Baurzhan Ismagulov ibr at radix50.net
Mon Dec 13 15:12:39 PST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to get the native 1920x1200 on a Samsung 2443BW with nv. From
the log:

(--) NV(0): Panel size is 1920 x 1080
(II) NV(0): NOTE: This driver cannot reconfigure the BIOS-programmed size.
(II) NV(0): These dimensions will be used as the panel size for mode validation.

E.g., the EDID data seems to be wrong. How can I make this monitor work
at 1920x1200? I'm using xserver-xorg 1:7.3+18 and xserver-xorg-video-nv
1:2.1.10-1 from Debian lenny.

The following didn't work for me:

* Specifying HorizSync, VertRefresh and Modes "1920x1200".

* Specifying ModeLines calculated using
  http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl .

* Using those ModeLines with xrandr as described at
  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2010-August/051113.html .

* Using IgnoreEDID and UseEDID options, which seem to be
  nvidia-specific.

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Baurzhan.