regarding: setting "1366X768" resolution on my thin client

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 14 22:12:07 PST 2010

On 2010/12/15 19:19 (GMT+0530) Rudhisundar Beura composed:

> Adam Jackson  wrote:

>>  Rudhisundar Beura wrote:

>>  >  Hi, my problem is that for some specific purpose I want to configure
>>  >  1366x768 resolution on the thin client, with the given specification.
>>  >  But it is simply failing, not even appearing in the setting. And
>>  >  though other resolutions come they are not set.
>>  >  I have tried changing the horizontal and vertical frequencies.

>>  I'm going to guess (since none of your attached information tells me
>>  anything even remotely useful) that you're using the vesa driver, and
>>  that your vesa bios doesn't list a 1366x768 mode.

>>  Which means you're out of luck.  Sorry about that.

> I am not using a vesa driver rather I am using i810 intel graphics driver,
> proprietary.

> What did u tell about the bios setting ?

> Are u talking about the normal pc bios ?

Being an onboard video configuration, the video BIOS for i810 chips is
contained on the motherboard as a PC BIOS extension. It contains only modes
that existed when it was made more than a decade ago. It contains no mode for
the several years newer lowfi 1366x768 flat panel HDTV mode, but might
possibly contain the much older standard 1920x1080 flat panel HDTV mode.

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/