uncontrolled blanking of ati rv610 video cards

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Feb 5 07:38:00 PST 2010

Greetings folks;

Its back this morning.  I cannot touch the right edge of the screen with an
apps window without blanking the screen, but if I pull the window back left
before I release the mouse button I grabbed it with, it will unblank in
around a long second.

Using the F10 radeon driver now, with kernel 2.6.33-rc5's drm.  Uptime
approaching 2 days.

This has been a problem for me, with either driver, for well over a year now,
is there no hope for a fix?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

An idealist is one who helps the other fellow to make a profit.
		-- Henry Ford