Xephyr keyboard problem

Nokan Emiro uzleepito at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 11:22:18 PST 2010

  Hi Aivils and Xorg list,

thank You very much Your help!   That solved the keyboard
problem, but generated another one.  :(  Now every key works
fine in Xepyr, but the problem is now that Xephyr gets all the
keystrokes, even if the focus is out of it, and moved into another
window.  If I type into a normal xterm outside Xephyt, it goes into
the xterm and into Xephyr at the same time.  Maybe I do
something wrong?

That's how I exactly start up Xephyr:

   Xephyr :1 -keybd evdev,,device=/dev/input/event3,xkbmodel=evdev

I did not use "-mouse" you suggested, because the mouse worked
well before.  The /dev/input/event3 comes from

   `ls /dev/input/by-*/*-kbd | head -1`

This evaluates to a symlink to /dev/input/event3 on my system,
that's why I set device to /dev/input/event3 above.

Did I misunderstand something?  If not, is it possible to tell
Xephyr to read the keyboard only if it has the focus?

u.