Building Xorg on Mac OS X 10.6.2?

Wed Feb 10 11:14:57 PST 2010

Deron Johnson wrote:
> Is it possible to build Xorg on Mac OS X 10.6.2? If so, how hard is it?
> Are there instructions for this anywhere? Or is it more trouble than
> it is worth and I should just stick to Linux?

Have you checked out http://xquartz.macosforge.org/ ?   (We link to it from
the MacOS page in the X.Org docs at http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.5/doc/ )

Though it will build the Xquartz server from the xorg-server sources,
with the DDX for running on top of the native MacOS window system, not the
Xorg server, since you can't directly control the graphics hardware that
MacOS is already using.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com