X.Org Foundation Board of Directors 2010 Election

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 10 17:01:11 PST 2010

On 02/10/10 03:43 PM, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 03:17:16PM -0800, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
>
>> On 02/10/10 11:47 AM, Daniel Stone wrote:
>>
>>> (tl;dr: Yes, I agree that the Foundation needs to be doing a lot more,
>>>           but nothing we've done is hidden from our members, i.e. board
>>>           members know basically as much as you, and that this is a result
>>>           of lack of time/etc, rather than any desire to keep any
>>>           information private.  Yes, we should be doing better.)
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Disclaimer: All of this is off the top of my head.  I could be and am
>>> probably wrong on some of the details.  This does not represent an
>>> official statement on behalf of the Foundation, etc, etc.

>>> Rather.  For the record, I think the current balance is on the order of
>>> ~$us150k.  Around the time we dissolved the sponsors' group, we decided
>>>

>> As co-signer of the checks,  that sounds really high, My guess is that its
>> knocked down to 1/2 that by now, but I haven't seen the exact balance for
>> a few years now.  This needs to be sorted before comittments for the next
>> conference are made.    Keith?
>>

> So, Stuart, you are not on the board, but you have to cosign the
> checks... How come there seems to be no certainty about the amount still
> available?
>
> Luc Verhaegen.

I have co-signed every check since 2005.  Keith has given me a verbal on
the balance from time to
time, but I haven't seen a written or historical accounting in a while.
I trust Keith doesn't want to
do something dumb like bounce a check, and you can ask him about how
skeptical and severe
I am when it comes to COUNTER-signing.  After all, most of this money
originated from my employer.

By the way, do you have receipts for reimbursement of FOSDEM costs?

Stuart