Dual-head config broke with update to 1.4.2

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Feb 20 04:05:19 PST 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:35:14 -0500
Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:

> The number of zaphod users is relatively
> small and the amount of developer resources to support it is
> relatively high.  More people want to be able to use and dynamically
> switch between all their connectors than want to use zapod.

I disagre with you here.
There are quite a few people who use that mode.
Many of my friends use it that way and i was too
until the mga driver got so horribly broken with noone
caring to fix bugs, even if patches were avaibale,
that i pulled my G550 out after 10y of use and replaced
it with a radoen. Now i'm waiting for the driver evolve
enough so i can use it again (there are more bugs in
the currentl release that i've hit within a few hours
of using, than you can count).

As such. I strongly suggest, taht the xorg developers
should think about providing a way to use zaphood mode
with xrandr, for all those people who use their computer
differently than you do.

I mean, it cannot be that difficult to do that. After all
xrandr provides the more difficult technique to move windows
back and forth between the screens. It should be an easy thing
to decouble them and put each of the physical screens into
its own X11 screen.

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?