Board voting ends today, but...

Franco Catrin L. fcatrin at tuxpan.com
Mon Feb 22 10:18:25 PST 2010

El vie, 19-02-2010 a las 07:57 +0800, Jaya Kumar escribió:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> > $US24k for travel sponsorship (no joke), and something like $US5k lost
> > to PayPal (they decided we were scammers and took our money) as well as
> > around $US5k that vanished into the Brazilian banking system, which
>
> That is scary, USD$10k gone! I'm surprised that no one raised this
> issue into a big public complaint, or maybe someone already did and I
> just didn't notice. I'm not familiar with the US legal system, but
> surely there is a small claims court where one can quickly assert a
> claim and put the burden of an honest response on Paypal?

The US legal system is prone to this type of abuse.

I wrote an article about this situation in a well known spanish blog
[*], may be someone can do the same in english.

I don't think that it would help the Foundation get back the money, but
at least it may help to take this abuse into public knowledge

[*] http://tinyurl.com/y8cx8ae

--
Franco Catrin Leiva - TUXPAN Software S.A.
http://www.tuxpan.com/fcatrin