Constraining mouse cursor globally in xorg

Alex White awhite at pienetworks.com
Mon Jan 4 19:33:38 PST 2010

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here goes..

I need to constrain the mouse cursor in xorg, to prevent it reaching an
area of screen that is not visible to the user (don't ask).

I've noticed that there is support for this within the x server using the
ConstrainCursor function. What this function provides is exactly what I
need.

What's not clear to me is how I can access this function from the
application level. (or is it internal only?). None of the pScreen member
functions appear to be exposed in the libraries I've searched.

Do I need to write a simple xorg module to do this?

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks,
Alex.