Xorg crashes...

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Thu Jan 7 11:26:32 PST 2010

On 01/07/2010 01:25 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>> I know it says these errors aren't fatal to the X server, but could they
>> be causing me problems?
>>

> as for xkbcomp doing a quick google
> gave me this:
> http://bugs.gentoo.org/269931
>
> but still don't see that this is the
> culprit.

I read through the bug reports...  No one has a fix yet, so I'm not sure
what I should do with regard to that.  And if you don't think it's
causing X to quit, then it may not be worth going down that road anyway.

All I can verify is that when X goes, I'm always typing something.  I
can't be sure whether or not I hit either ALT keys when it goes, I just
know I'm typing.

Would you like me to try anything with this mapping?

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392