Xorg crashes...

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:26:42 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Ryan Daly <daly at ctc.com> wrote:
> On 01/07/2010 01:25 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>>> I know it says these errors aren't fatal to the X server, but could they
>>> be causing me problems?
>>>

>> as for xkbcomp doing a quick google
>> gave me this:
>> http://bugs.gentoo.org/269931
>>
>> but still don't see that this is the
>> culprit.
>
> I read through the bug reports...  No one has a fix yet, so I'm not sure
> what I should do with regard to that.  And if you don't think it's
> causing X to quit, then it may not be worth going down that road anyway.

xkbcomp is almost certainly not killing the server. If you run startx
then switch back to the VT you started from, you'll see those errors
are only generated during initialization (unless you plug in another
keyboard later).

If you run "startx `which xterm`" so that you're just running a
terminal, does the server still exit?

--
Dan