some help please X freeze laptop

courten at web.de courten at web.de
Fri Jan 8 01:32:56 PST 2010

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Morgan M.C.M-L" <morgan-informatique at laposte.net>
Gesendet: 08.01.10 02:02:01
An: courten at web.de
CC: xorg at lists.freedesktop.org
Betreff: Re: some help please X freeze laptop

Thank you Felix for helping me. I'm a newbee on NetBSD, so :

1- uname -a -> 5.0.1-Release, and I've made a netinstallation. I'm a
strong Debian user so at the reboot I just start X and there were
messages. After analysing all I discover I had nothing ; moving the
xorg.conf gives this :

but you can still

tail -f /var/log/Xorg.0.log
tail -f /var/log/Xorg.1.log
tail -f /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old

!!! Strange because it gives me a black screen but it does not freeze

this is a good sign.

Pretty sure that you have hal, and dbus already in your userland and up running!

The new xorg package on the 5.0.1 image does not need any xorg.conf

!!! I've been able to ctrl+alt+F2 and log and shutdown -r now !!! I
don't know why it works a little now, perhaps there is little pieces of
program somewhere (I tryed to compile pkgsrc yesterday but there were
too many errors and it was long i stopped it...)

So the laptop isn't frozen without xorg.conf !

2- for hal and dbus I don't know it is a simple install but whith
everything (do I need to compile pkgsrc  ???)

There is no need to compile pkgsrc!
Just get it and keep it update

check whether hald and dbus is running

e.g ps aux  | grep hal > file

3- lspci not found -> I drop a compilation of pkgsrc this night.

Just checkout, or unpack the source into your directory e.g /usr

and you are almost done

lspci does on *BSD not exist (sorry) you have to look after pciutils

Contacting you tomorow.

Morgan