Xorg crashes...

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Mon Jan 11 06:03:59 PST 2010

On 01/11/2010 08:21 AM, Ryan Daly wrote:
  > Maybe I'm starting this wrong, but I'm getting the following:
>

> prompt> valgrind --log-file=/usr2/tmp/valgrind.out --trace-children=yes
> startx
>
> exec: 5: /usr/bin/X11/X: Permission denied
> giving up.
> /usr/bin/xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect
> to X server
> /usr/bin/xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.
>

> I tried this late last week, but the child process of startx didn't get
> traced, which doesn't seem like it would be of much value.

valgrind doesn't start as root, either:

exec: 5: /usr/bin/X11/X: Permission denied
giving up.
/usr/bin/xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect
to X server
/usr/bin/xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

Same type of error...

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392