modular build, libGL "make install" fails

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:50:05 PST 2010

On 31 January 2010 02:44, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at freedesktop.org> wrote:

> 1) mesa has its own list

Mm. I thought it was relevant to here since it's a mandatory part of
building Xorg at all.

> 2) you want to use sudo for make install.  You need root permissions

Ah, but I don't, you see. I'm trying to build this thing (Xorg in all
its glory) in my home directory. (Using jhbuild to pull all modules
from git and build them module by module.)

So why is whatever configuration Xorg is giving Mesa telling Mesa to
try to install in the system? That bit's Xorg, not Mesa - Mesa is a
third-party inclusion, but it's Xorg giving it build parameters.

- d.