internal monitor name in xrandr

CSJ changsijay at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 03:19:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am writing a script to output to external monitor automatically when it is
connected.
But now I have no idea about what name will be used for internal monitor in
xrandr.
some are "LVDS" and some are "DP1"

I want to parsing the xrandr output and remove the internal one. (xrandr |
grep -v " connected" | grep -v $INTERNAL_NAME)
then others will be external monitor.

So, does any methods to does which name will be used for internal monitor.
in many kinds of notebooks?

One more question,
I've tried meego live USB, it can auto output when I plug a external
monitor,
How does it achieve this function?
Does any event will be issued when I plug a external monitor?

Thanks