Screen flickers after resuming from suspend to RAM (Intel + kernel 2.6.34)

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Tue Jul 6 04:42:04 PDT 2010

My laptop has an Intel i945GM graphics chipset. I'm using Intel driver
2.12.0 (witn KMS) and xserver 1.8.2. Everything works perfectly on 2.6.33.x
kernels.

Unfortunately, if I switch to 2.6.34 (2.6.34.1 as well), after I resume from
suspend to RAM, my screen starts to flicker. The screen gets blank (semi)
randomly. In fact, this is not a random flickering - screen gets blank only
if nothing is drawn. It means, that, for instance, I can watch films - the
screen cannot get black between frames of the film. It is the same when
_anything_ else happens in the screen. But otherways the screen is blank.
The blanking is immediate after anything is changed on the screen.

I'm almost sure it is a kind of kernel drm problem, because the screen
flickers in exactly the same way if I switch to console (as said before, I'm
using KMS).

Questions:
1. Has anyone noticed someting like this?
2. If a solution is known, can you provide me with it?
3. If it is not solved, where exactly should I report this?

I have registry dumps created before and after suspend using
intel_reg_dumper, but I don't understand their content. I can provide them.
--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\