Ati X1300 Ubuntu 10.04 2nd monitor

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 04:33:43 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Radoslav Chovan wrote:
> Hi I can't use 2nd monitor on Ubuntu 10.04 with Ati Radeon X1300 and
> Radeon drivers.
> I can't set resolution to 2nd monitor to 1280x1024. Monitor is black
> and I can see "Input signal out of range"
>  It Is Lenovo 19. It was working in 9.10.
> After upgrade to 10.04 I had this problem, so I've added X updates and
> xorg edgers repository.
> Upgrade solved my problems from 6 of July  to yesterday. If I did
> yesterday upgrade I have this problem again and I can't solve it.

Yesterday's update in xorg-edgers bumped the xserver from 1.8 to 1.9.
Try updating again now to make sure this was not just a migration
glitch.

> These files are in attachment:
> kern.log  messages  xorg.conf  Xorg.0.log

These logs seems to be from before the update, so I presume this is
the working configuration. Can you please attach the failing
Xorg.0.log?

> Here are some info:
>
> uname -a
> Linux rchovan 2.6.32-23-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jun 11 07:54:58 UTC
> 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Generally, if you are using xorg-edgers, you should also try the
newest kernel, e.g. 2.6.35-rc4 at the moment.

> p.s.: I can't write to #radeon and #xorg IRC channels. I get this
> error ( :Cannot send to channel)

Try another IRC client (e.g. xchat) with a new profile.

Tormod