EXA classic problem with Xv

Yves De Muyter yves at alfavisio.be
Fri Jul 23 03:07:15 PDT 2010

Second argument of fbScreenInit() is definitely not NULL but points to
the framebuffer address like it should.

I have been debugging some more. It looks like pExaPixmap->fb_ptr is
NULL, and in exaGetPixmapOffset() it returns fb_ptr - memoryBase without
ever checking fb_ptr resulting in a (0 - memoryBase) offset.

Is there a function where I can force it to move the pixmap onto the
framebuffer? I tried exaMoveInPixmap but that doesn't result in anything
filled in fb_ptr. using exaPrepareAccess(pPixmap->drawable,
EXA_PREPARE_DEST) and exaFinishAccess() just crashes xorg... I'd rather
not use sys_ptr because that will probably be slow for Xv...

-Yves