User in Problem

eddyrobert at infomed.sld.cu eddyrobert at infomed.sld.cu
Fri Jun 11 08:20:17 PDT 2010

Hello, I am a new user of linux, specially I use ubuntu 10.04. I think it is one of the
best linux distributions, but i have a serious problem with the recongnition of my video
chipset and the 3d.

My board is an asus p4bp-mx with a microprocessor celeron D 2.13 Mghz and 1 GB of ram and
the video card is an onboard intel i845G.
The specific problem is that in this case ubuntu as well as any other linux distribution
is using the driver i915 by default and that prevents me from using the 3d effects or any
program or game that requeires that.
Is there any way I can have the 3d effects working? , since in windows 7 the 3d works ok,
what can i do to have them work on Ubuntu 10.04 32 bits.
I am not an expert in this kind of matters so i hope you can help me with this.

Infomed - Red de Salud de Cuba
http://www.sld.cu/

--

Este mensaje le ha llegado mediante el servicio de correo electronico que ofrece Infomed para respaldar el cumplimiento de las misiones del Sistema Nacional de Salud. La persona que envia este correo asume el compromiso de usar el servicio a tales fines y cumplir con las regulaciones establecidas

Infomed: http://www.sld.cu/