State of Zaphod dual screen support

Pat Kane pekane52 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 05:29:55 PST 2010

the 2nd link should be:
 http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/DebuggingHints?view=co
you might find this part useful:

5. Without module support gdb is  not able to print the function where
   an error occurred in a module.

     If you get a line like:

   (gdb) bt
   #0  0x823b4f5 in ?? ()

   You may obtain the function the address belongs to by calling
   LoaderPrintSymbol():

   (gdb) call LoaderPrintSymbol(0x823b4f5)

   The symbol  returned might not always  be the name  of the function
   which contains the address. In  case of static functions the symbol
   is not known to  the loader. However LoaderPrintSymbol() will print
   the nearest known  function and the offset from  its start. You may
   easily find the exact location of the address if you do:

   # objdump --disassemble <file>.o

   <file>.o is the name of the object file containing the symbol printed.