X doesn't start in minilinux

Jay Cotton Jay.Cotton at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 4 15:30:24 PST 2010

On 03/04/10 15:20, GreenFlash wrote:

>>> I also just realised, that there are some version differences in the
>>> xserver and the vesa module. The module is compiled for version 1.6.3,
>>> but the server has version 1.6.4.
>>> Might this cause the problem?
>>>

>> YES.   ABI is important to Xorg now.
>>
> Compiled the vesa driver again for the 1.6.4 server, but it still tells
> me, that it is compiled for server 1.6.3. So I would like to say, that
> this isn't the problem, why the Xserver can't find the graphic card.
> What about HAL? Is this important for the graphic card? What do I need
> for hal to work?
> Are there any other things I can do, to detect the error, except
> debugging the vesa module? Because I don't have a debugger in the minilinux.
>
> Sam

in the vesa.c file:

#ifdef XSERVER_LIBPCIACCESS
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  this implies there may be a lib you need.  check
for that
static Bool
VESAPciProbe(DriverPtr drv, int entity_num, struct pci_device *dev,
              intptr_t match_data)
{
     ScrnInfoPtr pScrn;

     pScrn = xf86ConfigPciEntity(NULL, 0, entity_num, NULL,
                                 NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);
     if (pScrn != NULL) {
         VESAPtr pVesa = VESAGetRec(pScrn);

         VESAInitScrn(pScrn);