freebsd sis 10.2 - 3 availabilty

richs at linux-hardcore.com richs at linux-hardcore.com
Mon May 10 04:32:17 PDT 2010

After a long time of needing the sisfb framebuffer (video=sisfb) to stop the bad colour-depth bug on my Linux systems, I have now found that the bug has been fixed in the Debian sid version: xserver-xorg-video-sis_0.10.2-3

I have been trying to find a fix for my FreeBSD 8 install which only has PORTVERSION=	0.10.2-(?)

What is the likelyhood of having the newer, fixed version available from FreeBSD ports?

As there is no "sisfb" module available for FreeBSD, and vesa will not go higher than 800X600 (my laptop has 1200x800), I am in a bit of a fix as with the older sis driver, using sisfb was the only workaround .

Thanks in advance for any info