/urs/bin/X: undefined symbol: pixman_disable_out_of_bounds_workaround

Super Biscuit super_bisquit at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 16:54:05 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 5/10/10, tommaso di bucchianico <tommaso_db at yahoo.it> wrote:

From: tommaso di bucchianico <tommaso_db at yahoo.it>
Subject: /urs/bin/X: undefined symbol: pixman_disable_out_of_bounds_workaround
To: xorg at freedesktop.org
Date: Monday, May 10, 2010, 1:15 PM

Hallo List,
since november 2009 I can not use ubuntu and debian testing (stable [lenny] is ok)  on my Laptop DELL Inspiron 1520 because of problems related to xorg and pixman.Actually my xserver does not start on ubuntu 10.04 because of
"/usr/bin/X: symbol  lookup error: /urs/binX: undefined symbol: pixman_disable_out_of_bounds_workaround"
but in the past I got also other error messages, i.e.:
"/usr/bin/X symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/X: undefined symbol: pixman_tramsform_init_identity"
I asked for help on the debian and ubuntu forums without results (plese see my treadth http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48648&start=0 and http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1478405). It seems that this problem occour only on my laptop??
The strange is, that the system works well for a time (hours or days or weeks) then suddenly xserver does not start anymore without evident reason.My graphic card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8400.
Can you help me?
thanks,Tommaso