Xorg custom configuration to not use a given area

Pat Kane pekane52 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 12:11:46 PDT 2010

Carlos,

How about putting an empty gnome panel above the current top panel?
It is a bit tricky but I just able to do it on my U10.04 system.  Here is what
I did:
      1- right click in the top panel to get a popup menu
      2- select the "properties"  enty, then turn off "Expand"
you can now move the top panel down, out of the way
      3- repeat 1
      4- select "New Panel", turn off "Expand" and put it at "Top"
at this point I had to logout/login to see the change....
      5- turn "Expand" on for the empty panel
      6- move the original top panel back to just under the empty panel
          and turn "Expand" back on.