Xwindows for Darwin Unix on iMAC

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Sat May 15 22:08:24 PDT 2010

On May 15, 2010, at 20:28, Glenn Stumpp wrote:

> Yes, I have Darwin; just not XWindows.  All vendors (HP, Sun Microsoft, IBM AIX, and others} include it in their Unix Versions.  I've gone round and round on this due to phone calls demanding my attention and misstated my need.  I want to be able to launch XWindows from Darwin.

If you have vanilla darwin, that's not supported any more.  I think the last release that had something that might've worked with IOKit was maybe xorg-server-1.2.x ... but I don't know.  I just develop XQuartz which is the X11 server that runs on top of Mac OSX.  That has been available as a download since Panther and has been part of the OS since Tiger.

--Jeremy