Current tinderbox regression (xf86-video-xgi)

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Thu May 20 18:04:14 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 18:28 -0400, Chris Ball wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The commits below made huge changes to -xgi:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-xgi/commit/?id=19c426c15ffcf4a95a30c011daba7c41a52c2c4d
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-xgi/commit/?id=2ac9f2a81d2cc4ec90e3fe095b2e975aa5ed9316
>
> The resulting driver doesn't compile under modern Xorg (it uses
> xf86Version, xf86Resources, xf86Rac, and is pre-libpciaccess),
> and was made by a user without a functioning e-mail address:
> "xgi0007 <xgi0007 at linux.site>".
>
> Can we fix this or revert the commits?

On May the 7th I notified Jong Lin <jong_lin at xgitech.com> about this
situation. I had tried the patch he submitted and noticed the same issue
you did. He replied asking for build logs which I sent him. At that time
tinderbox was not updating from git, so it did not break the build. I
had cc you, but you may not have this e-mail anymore.

It's unlikely we will get a quick resolution. I don't mind reverting it
if it is ethically acceptable. It's a big patch (36,000 lines), it would
be even better to nuke the top commits. Or just taking it out of the
build is another option. The last version is available anyway.