rv610 vs uncontrolled blanking

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu May 20 20:07:21 PDT 2010

Greetings;

After updating the kernel to 2.6.34 final, on a 64 bit mdv install, the
blanking of my monitor that is triggered by something approaching the right
edge of the screen, and which has been fixed since 2.6.34-rc3 (I didn't build
any earlier ones) is back in spades.  I click on a web link in kmail, which
runs Swiftfox, which opens against the right edge of the screen.  That seems
ok on the face of it, but the monitor shuts off if I reach for the browsers
close button at the upper right of the browser window, so I first have to
grab the browsers top bar and pull it left half an inch before I can close
it.

This has been a PIMA for about 2 years, and I have commented on it
previously.

Can this be fixed eventually?

Thanks.

--