Difference micro- mutouch

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri May 21 05:16:27 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:16:20AM +0200, Florian Stinglmayr wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> What is the difference between microtouch and mutouch driver? Is there
> any? And where can I find decent documentation about each of them? All
> manpages I found regarding these two, say that information needs to be
> filled in.

Both drivers are essentially unmaintained. IIRC there's not much difference
beteween the two but you'd have to check out the code to be sure. Most of
the old input drivers are pretty much identical except for a few parsing
functions.

These days, we generally recommend using a kernel driver and then hooking
evdev up to the device instead of having a custom X driver. That's under
linux anyway, on other platforms you'll have to use the special X drivers.

Cheers,
  Peter