Tk installation give Xproto.h Xresource.h missing

Claudio Cairoli claudio75 at gmail.com
Fri May 21 13:53:06 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to install Tcl/tk 8.4.2 on a 64-bit Linux machine, and the
installation of tcl went fine, however when trying to install tk at
first I got the error message "X11/Xlib.h" not found. I looked for it in
the X11 directory at it wasn't there. I found out that as part of the tk
installation there was a directory "xlib" which contained "X11/Xlib.h"
that fixed that error, but now I am getting "Xproto.h" and "Xresource.h"
missing.
Where are these files supposed to be and how do I get them?

Thanks,
Claudio

Claudio Cairoli
1 Arch St.