sisibley at gmail.com None

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at freedesktop.org
Thu May 27 10:03:07 PDT 2010

]] Scott Sibley

| I'm not sure why I'm spamming the list. Know how I can fix this? I
| checked Gmail's settings; nothing's being forwarded through Gmail.

You are/were not, even if your address appears in the Subject field, see
below for the longer explanation.

| What do you mean by "ticketing system?" This makes me nervous... My
| mail's been going somewhere else?

No.

Let me explain what happened:

system. How they did that, I'm not sure.  This system would send emails
to everybody emailing xorg@ saying «Thanks for your email, we'll get
back to you».  As they did not include enough identifying information in
the «we'll get back to you» emails, I had to change the list software we
use on freedesktop.org slightly.  What it did include was the Subject
field from the original mail.  I made the mailing list software put the
address of each recipient into the Subject field as it was sending out
mails, and when I got the «we'll get back to you» email, it had the
offending address in the subject field and I could unsubscribe them.

The offender has been removed and all is now good, please go back to
your regularly scheduled discussions. :-)

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen