sisibley at gmail.com None

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at err.no
Thu May 27 09:58:36 PDT 2010

]] Scott Sibley

| I'm not sure why I'm spamming the list. Know how I can fix this? I
| checked Gmail's settings; nothing's being forwarded through Gmail.

You are/were not, even if your address appears in the Subject field, see
below for the longer explanation.

| What do you mean by "ticketing system?" This makes me nervous... My
| mail's been going somewhere else?

No.

Let me explain what happened:

system. How they did that, I'm not sure.  This system would send emails
to everybody emailing xorg@ saying «Thanks for your email, we'll get
back to you».  As they did not include enough identifying information in
the «we'll get back to you» emails, I had to change the list software we
use on freedesktop.org slightly.  What it did include was the Subject
field from the original mail.  I made the mailing list software put the
address of each recipient into the Subject field as it was sending out
mails, and when I got the «we'll get back to you» email, it had the
offending address in the subject field.

The offender has been removed and all is now good, please go back to
your regularly scheduled discussions. :-)

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen