How to disable internal LCD in a static configuration on a DELL Latitude 601

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Sun May 30 14:29:39 PDT 2010

Dnia niedziela, 30 maja 2010, Juergen Beisert napisał:
[...]
> Is there any way to define an 'xorg.conf' setting to only enable the
> external DVI statically (for example the VGA1 is disabled. Still no
> video output at this connector, even if I connect a monitor to it (my
> DVI LCD also has a analog VGA input). In this case the video driver
> detects the monitor but do not enable the output)?

Try adding (or changing, if you already have) such section to your
xorg.conf:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "LVDS1"
        Option          "Disable"        "yes"
EndSection

--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\