mixed OpenGL vendor drivers

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Nov 17 03:57:29 PST 2010

Am 17.11.10, 11:17 -0000 schrieb Alan Cox:
>> So I read this as, redistribution is fine with at least Nvidia and AMD.
>
> And for legal purposes allow me to remind you that the Linux kernel is
> subject to the GNU public license v2. This has specific constraints on
> derivative works and large numbers of contributors (me included) have
> never given anyone permission to ignore that. Whether the Nvidia binary
> driver is a derivative work is a matter for lawyers, but you should be
> aware of the licensing requirements for the kernel.
>
> (and I am advised to inform anyone of this when it comes up so that if it
> ever does end up in court it can be demonstrated that the infringement
> was likely to have been knowing)

hmm ...

Would kernel people be more relaxed by downloading the OpenGL drivers
just after the LiveCD has started?
(At least a network enabled computer could then install all the good stuff
to see how Linux stuff competes with osX or Windows.)

thanks,
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management